The workshop provides an overview of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) 17 on Insurance Contracts and in-depth discussion on its implementation and impact.
The IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts is focused on giving a better understanding on risk exposures, profitability and financial position of companies dealing with insurance. These standards fundamentally change the accounting and reporting practices and therefore are a challenge to the insurance industry and professionals.
The correct adoption of the standard promises organisations many benefits, including enhanced investor confidence, greater consistency and transparency of financial reporting, as well as the ability to compare financial information from companies around the world. This 2-day session will ensure you get a detailed insight into this new standard and the implementation challenges involved and would include among others:
1) Overview of IFRS 17 on Insurance Contracts
2) Getting a detailed understanding on implementation and application of the financial reporting standard
3) Illustration and examples on the accounting and presentation aspects of the standard
4) Disclosure requirements of the standard
5) Assessment of the impact of new standard on various financial statements and financial metrics.
6) The course accrues CPE credit from NASBA (USA) that not only signifies the international quality of the program but is recognised by many professional bodies and organisations for structured and unstructured CPE credit.
The delegates will not only learn about the international financial reporting standard (IFRS) 17 on insurance contracts but will be specifically sensitised on implementation issues and challenges. The delegates will be able to discuss various case studies on aspects to practically applying the standard.
Join us on the 25th & 26th April 2022 in London from 9:00am to 4:30pm. Participants will also earn 12 CPE credits (in the Field of Accounting).